Since it’s winter time (and the garlic that I planted last fall is quietly nestled beneath cold ground and a layer of snow), I’ve been spending my time planning my garden for the coming summer. I’ve also been using some of the fun and unique gardening-related Christmas gifts I received… take a look!
1. Sprout Pencils – These pencils can be used like any other pencil, but when they become too short to write, you can plant them and grow herbs! The pencil has seeds stored in the end, waiting to be planted.
2. Poppin Slim Tray – This is a cute tray I put beneath my indoor plants to collect excess water drainage. Great size and a great color. (Amazon link is below, but if you live near a Tuesday Morning store, check there first – they have them for a much better price)
3. Leaf Washi Tape – this particular pattern is only available at Michael’s (online or in store), but there are similar types on Amazon.
4. Succ-essful Gardener Shirt – How cool is this shirt? Perfect for someone (like me) who enjoys growing succulents! And it’s really comfy soft fabric. I love mine! (also available as a tank top)
5. Edible Gardening Book – I wasn’t able to find this book for purchase online in any version other than a library edition of the book, but it’s still available on Amazon (and probably at your local library!) It’s a great book to get if you’re thinking of starting to grow some of your own food. The pages are filled with advice, information, and clever ideas to grow food in ways you might not have considered before (just wait, you’ll be seeing pictures of an Upside-Down planter on this blog at some point!). It even offers a recipe to make a meal with the food you grow.
6. Chia Pet Emoji – I’ve never had a chia pet before, and I’m really excited about growing it! I planted it a couple days ago and little sprouts have already appeared. It’s available as a Winky Face, Smiley Face, and a face with Heart Eyes.
7. Amaryllis Apple Blossom Grow Kit – Just planted this the other day too and green shoots are starting to emerge! Mine was from Home Depot, but they’re also available on Amazon.
8. Better Homes and Gardens Magazine – only $10 on Amazon for all access for a year! I love this magazine – it’s filled with great gardening ideas, cute home decor inspirations, color choices, and more.
9. Forgotten Ways for Modern Days: Kitchen cures and household lore for a natural home and garden – CANNOT wait to start trying some of these ideas! Sections are house and home, in the garden, natural health, and natural beauty. The book has a lovely feel and great photos. This book has great ideas to move toward a more natural lifestyle.
10. The Backyard Homestead – the subtitle of this book is “produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre!” It’s been a dream of mine to grow/make all of our own food, so this book is perfect for me! (though some of the ideas include meat, and since I’m a vegetarian, I’ll have to find some substitutes.) This book includes instruction for activities such as growing from seeds, drying vegetables, canning, tips and info on essential herbs, and so much more!
Have more gifts for the gardener? Leave your ideas in the comments!
(this post contains affiliate links)